Saturday, May 10, 2008

Cabled Baby Blanket


Here is my first finished real cabled project. I have knit cables in the past, but they were your basic "cable 4/6 back/front" cables. The blanket ended up much smaller than I thought it would (yes, that's right, I didn't do a gauge swatch for this one). I typically only do gauge swatches for patterns that one wears, but I've learned my lesson that it's important to do one for ALL projects. Still, I think it may come in handy to have a smaller, more portable blanket. It is fairly light weight, which will come in handy since the High Desert days this summer will be you-can-fry-an-egg-on-the-street hot, but nights you can easily need something light to keep the chill off. It'll also be handy to bring along on the go, since nearly every building here is air conditioned. The pattern came from Our Best Knit Baby Afghans, which I picked up ages ago, and the yarn was Baby Soft by Lion Brand in Cream. Though it knitted up fine, I'm wasn't too keen on the yarn. What can I say? Knit Picks has spoiled me. I find that I just LOVE using their yarns. They have all been super soft and SO nice to knit with. I actually don't mind having to frog things with their yarns...it just gives me that much more time to be able to knit with it! To all you moms out there, Happy Mothers Day, and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: