Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sweater Set



I didn't know how much I really liked the turtle buttons when I bought them at Jo-Ann's. But after seeing them on the sweater, I'm super glad I went with them. The sweater was a very easy and quick pattern from Debbie Bliss' Essential Baby, which I had purchased awhile ago from Barnes & Noble. I had enough leftover yarn (Shine Sport in Grass) to add some to The Stash, plus knit the tam (and I had an extra button for it to boot!). The tam pattern came out of this awesome book that I found at the library, The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns, which I like so much I am going to purchase it. It truly is a fantastic resource/pattern book for knitters. And of course I'm going to order it from KnitPicks, because their prices are just unbelievably good, and they offer free shipping on orders over $50. Good deal. In the photos you can see the diaper bag (including changing mat) that I just had to grab because I liked it so much. It'll still be awhile before it's put to good use, but I didn't want to pass it up. I'm really pleased with how the set turned out, and I just hope our little boy will be able to fit into it at least a couple of times. Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

OH MY!! That is so adorable. In fact it is something I would probably pay $50 for at Gap or something. SO CUTE! Now you have to make me one whenever we have another baby. Seriously, that is so amazing and I can't wait to see it on the little guy.