Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ryken's Here!




So here's the reason I haven't posted in forever! Ryken arrived a month and a half early because mom had preeclampsia. I was in and out of the hospital and on bed rest for the last month or so of pregnancy, and eventually the condition became bad enough that the doctors decided a C-Section was in order. So, Ryken was born 7/11/08. Maybe I'll knit a slurpee-style something for him in the future. *wink* So, I know I already posted photos of the turtle sweater & beret, but I just had to post photos of Ryken wearing them too. Especially because he's outgrown his preemie clothes and can now fit into newborn stuff!









Also, here's a photo of a blanket I knit for him before my pregnancy became so complicated. I tweaked a pattern from Our Best Knit Baby Afghans. Super simple. I used TLC Amore yarn in garnet. Super soft. I'm slowly getting the swing of things as a new mom and finding a bit of time here and there to knit (when I'm not feeding him, changing him, or trying to catch on something foreign called sleep). So hopefully you'll see a bit more posting in the future. Happy knitting everyone!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Oh my goodness. He is getting big! And he is cute as a button in the green. I can't wait to met him. I am glad to hear you are doing well and adjusting quickly. Way to go super-mom!!