Monday, September 1, 2008

Knitting as Art


My mom gave me the Fall 2008 issue of Knit Simple (such a great gift!) and in it was an article about tree cozies. What in the world??? How DO people come up with these things? But I checked out the Columbus Area Arts Council's website that was referenced in the article in order to see photos of all of the tree cozies from their Tree Cozy Project last winter. Pretty neat. Some of them are...well..."meh" but some are really cool. I encourage you to check it out and be inspired to think outside of the box with your knitting. On that same note, For the Love of Knitting: A Celebration of the Knitter's Art is a great book I picked up several years ago that beautifully illustrates the wonderfully creative history of knitting. If you're not interested in purchasing the book, I highly encourage you to at least check it out at your local library or bookstore.

No comments: