Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Baby Coat



I finished this awhile ago, but Ryken is just now big enough to fit into it! The pattern came from Essential Baby, and the yarn is Swish DK in Mist from Knit Picks. I tweaked the pattern just a bit for the hood. The pattern calls for you to cast on stitches for the back of the hood, then sew the edge of the hood to the back of the coat. I found it much easier and seamless to just pick up stitches from the back of the coat and knit the hood straight from the coat (as you would do for most collars). I am really happy with how it turned out. Now I just hope that Ryken gets some good wear out of it. He is growing by leaps and bounds, so who knows how long it'll fit!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi Amy! I love your blog and all your creations! Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi, It's me again, Nancy. Checked out your blog...what a cutie Ryken is.
I also saw some of the other things you knitted. LOVE the sheep,felted booties, and this sweater. Would love to see those in your Etsy shop. I have become fascinated with felted items.Let me know if you are going to be putting any of these things in the shop. Thanks again for working with me with the washclothes.

linda lu said...

In love with this coat. Beautiful work.