Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Multitasking



So I have been taking advantage of Ryken's naptimes to watch shows like Fringe, House, Eleventh Hour, The Mentalist, etc. on hulu while I knit. To my dismay they stopped providing full episodes of a number of the shows that I watched. Though perhaps it's better for me not to watch so many TV shows anyhow. So I have been trying to put my mind to better use while I knit by reading various wonderful creative blogs. I didn't think I'd do very well reading while knitting, I figured one or the other would suffer, but it's actually been easier than I thought it would be. So today I thought I'd step it up a notch and pick up a book I've had for quite some time. I'm a big Jane Austen fan, and I already had this book, so I thought, "Why not try?". I'm pleased to report that it's going rather well. Granted, when counting becomes involved in the knitting I can't do both. But once I'm at a simple place in my patterns, I truly am enjoying reading while knitting.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I love Jane Austen. Let us know what you thought of it when you are done, as I haven't read that one yet!