Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Our little family woke up to a wonderful white world this morning. Snow! It has been snowing all morning and I am absolutely loving the feeling of being in a snow globe, and Ryken seems to find it pretty amusing too (I admit it, I bundled him up and we went outside, and I am so glad we did). It's amazing how magical snow is, especially here in the High Desert. We get so few gloomy days, that when they do arrive they always instill excitement and joy. Here's a video of our back yard being blanketed in white (you'll have to excuse the unsteady aesthetics).


Snow from amy curtis on Vimeo..

Another sign of Christmas...I have finished Ryken's Christmas stocking. I used these directions as a guideline in order to put it together. I am so happy that I was able to make his stocking for his first Christmas. I had hopes of knitting him one, but alas, sewing goes so much faster.



And here is Ryken's first Christmas gift. I just finished him last night. I have patterns for lion, elephant, giraffe and monkey finger puppets too, so we'll see how many I can get done before Christmas. All of the patterns are Jelly Bums patterns, and they are all fantastic.



Hoping you are enjoying the signs Christmas is coming too!

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Love the finger puppet, and I love the video of snow!

Andrea said...

Love love love the white winterland up there. Hope it sticks around for us to see.

Langley said...

Great Blog :D