Monday, December 22, 2008

Early Gifts



Matt and I are horrible about waiting until Christmas to exchange gifts. Neither one of us is really impatient to receive our gifts, it's just that we get so excited to give gifts to each other. This year it seems we won't be able to (we ordered gifts on Amazon, and they won't be here until after Christmas, maybe it's karma) so we have resorted to giving Christmas gifts out to other family members. Today my mum came up and spent the day with Ryken and I. When Matt got home from work we just couldn't wait to give her all of her gifts. That's right, not just one, but the whole shebang. And it's not just her... before she got here I couldn't wait to give Ryken these booties I made for him. I had intended them to be one of his Christmas gifts, but with a wonderfully cloudy day I just couldn't wait. I'm impressed with how long they stay on his little feet. Especially considering that he is always moving them. Even in his sleep. I think I took about 50 shots of his feet today. 50. And I get 1 that turns out. 1. So there it is. I used Red Heart Super Saver in Aran Fleck and the pattern was from Mad Cow Dog. I also have a pair of camo ones in the shop. I think I'll be making more of them in the very near future. Happy gift giving, be it early like us, or if you're good and wait 'til Christmas!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

David is the same way! He begs to open gifts early and don't let him. :)