Saturday, February 7, 2009

Do I Have Enough?

After getting a glimpse of my stash, you may scoff at that question. But when you are trying to utilize your stash, it comes in very handy to know just how much you really have. That way you can make sure you have enough yarn to meet the yardage requirements for your pattern. In order to do that, I use a line counter. I bought mine at Bass Pro Shops, which I think is an absolutely amazing store, and I don't even fish. At $12.99 it is a much more affordable option than the traditional yarn meters (which I usually see going for around $49.99 or so).

So, I decided to make a tutorial video on how I utilize this tool, having had a little inspiration from Leah Day's demonstrations (she has a number of wonderful tutorial videos on different aspects of quilting). Hope you find it useful.


Line Counter Demo from amy curtis on Vimeo.

No comments: