Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fun With Pink

Though it is so fun to have a little boy, I must admit that girls clothes tend to be cuter and more plentiful. So I typically try to work on making cute boy things. I had the pleasure of working with pink again, though, because one of the couples in our small group had a sweet baby girl in February. So here is what I made for her.



I just love doing these booties and berets because they are so simple and quick, and both are knit in the round. I used Caron Simply Soft, which is really becoming a favorite of mine. The background fabric is from a fat quarter pack I picked up at Michaels. I am working on a white, pink, and green bath mat (quilting, of course) for our bathroom. That's right, Matt has graciously agreed to let me have a little pink (read: subtle, minor accent) in our bathroom. It is a nice treat to have something girly in a house full of boys.

1 comment:

Michele said...

So cute. I like simply soft too. You can't beat it for the price.

(I'm your friend on ravelry and wanted to come by and say hi)