Saturday, March 28, 2009

Swapping

I have really been enjoying swapping with new friends I have met @ Ravelry. I have joined the group "Friends That Swap" and it has been such a fun way to meet new people, create new things, receive lovely handmade items, eat goodies from far away places, etc. The most recent swap I participated in was entitled "Where you are from". I had such a good time creating things with the High Desert theme in mind.

Here is a cactus cloth I designed and knit for this swap:


And here is what the whole package looked like, all ready to send (except for a green ball of cotton yarn that didn't make it into the photo):


This is the package I received from my swap partner, who lives in Maine:


The yarn you see in the top right corner of the photo was hand spun and dyed...from her sheep! How cool is that!?! If you want to learn more about this swap, or others I have taken part in, I always document them here, on my Flickr page. I am so looking forward to future swaps with this group. (I've signed up for several stitch marker swaps next...so fun!) It is a great group, and lots of fun to be a part of it.

No comments: