Sunday, May 24, 2009

In Case



I recently purchased this case at my local yarn shop. I had seen it, or one very similar, over a year ago but I could not bring myself to buy it. "I have a very cute case already" I reasoned with myself at that time..."but this would make it so much easier" I reasoned with myself this time. As you know, the latter won out. I am thrilled with the case and so glad that I finally bought it. I did the same thing once with a Starbucks bullet thermos back when I was in high school. I think I broke down and bought it a couple of years later when I was in college. It seems the longer I wait for something, the dearer it becomes (could explain part of why Matt & I dated for 6 years before getting married, lol). I think knitting operates with the same principle; there aren't many opportunities to rush knitting. Stitches methodically link to one another in a natural rhythm. Slowly but surely something dear and comforting is created. Many people tell me they don't have the patience to knit. I tell them I knit because I strive to learn to be patient. I hope you are experiencing the peace that being patient can bring, whatever shape that may be taking in your life.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Love the post. You actually made me want to pick up knitting again. Goodness knows I could always use more patience. :)