Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Busy Weekend

Yesterday we celebrated my son's first birthday. I can't believe how quickly this year has gone! And it seems like we crammed several months worth of work into the last 4 or 5 days of party planning, preparing, and picking up after. We had just over 20 people at Ryken's party and supplied them with pulled pork sandwiches (of course Matt smoked some meat), twice baked mashed potatoes, watermelon, salad, and cake. We had fun with a cowboy theme, and I enjoyed baking the first of many birthday cakes to come.

cake

I'm definitely not a pro, and though I stressed a bit over that fact, I still had a lot of fun making Ryken his first cake(s). I of course made him another birthday surprise, and of course I gave it to him early, but that will have to wait until another post (too many party related 1:00 am bedtimes for the mommy, so this will have to be a short post). If you're interested in seeing a few other photos of the cowboy theme, you can check them out here.

On another note, I would like to thank everyone for all of your comments. I have had such a fun time reading them all! And, with some random help, the winner is Marcia! I look forward to doing another giveaway, probably before the summer is over.

Because my mind is still wrapped up with birthday happenings, I'd love to hear about your most memorable birthday celebration (be it yours or one you participated in for someone else).

No comments: