Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Good Evening

DSC03655

Coffee, Junior Mints and applique while Josh Groban serenades me via iTunes. Hmmmm. Now that is what I call a great evening. The block pictured is from Bunny Hill Designs' "A Tisket, A Tasket Twelve Months of Baskets...A Free Mystery Block of the Month", which can be found here. I had fun picking out a number of fat quarters at Joann's this weekend, while my sweet and patient husband & baby tried to keep occupied. I don't know how many times I told them both, "I'm almost done!". Here is what it looked like before my needle had a chance to dive in.

placed and pinned

Now, you're probably thinking, "A snowman in July???" but I just found this fantastic mystery block of the month. And, being a bit type-A, I wanted to start at the beginning. I also have picked out fabrics for February...

feb fabrics

...and March...

march fabrics

...and I look forward to posting more pictures once I've begun working on those months. And, to be thorough, here are the January fabrics:

january fabrics

I am absolutely loving needle turn applique. I learned the technique through a class at my local quilt shop, Cozy Quilt'n in Apple Valley. It was such a fun class, I am hoping I'll be able to save my allowance in order to take future classes there. It is such a joy to learn. I hope you are enjoying learning something new this week.

One last note, the giveaway is still going. So be sure to post your comment here if you'd like a chance to win my strawberry pincushion!

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Wow, I've printed all of these out since January, and I haven't yet started one. You're impressive. You're doing a great job too.