Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Restful Afternoon

Matt's parents came up for the day to visit, along with my brother-in-law and his wonderful wife. We are blessed that we get to see Matt's parents regularly, but it is a special treat to visit with Ryken's aunt and uncle, as they live in Boston. Matt and I took them to the Mojave Narrows Regional Park while Matt's parents watched the little man. The four of us had a great time in the little oasis. While the others explored I enjoyed having some still moments to myself. Here is an idea of the beautiful stillness I was privileged to this afternoon.

my view

grazing

birds

Sorry for the poor image quality, all photos in this post were taken from my phone, as I left my camera at home.

It was so very, very nice having time all to myself, surrounded by nature, and my hands occupied with knitting.

outdoor knitting

I finished the knitting for Ryken's Shawl Collar Sweater from Essential Baby, so now it's just time to sew up some seams. This book has proven to be such an incredible buy. I have made quite a few things out of this book, and loved them all. My only disappointment is that Ryken is such a big boy that he has nearly outgrown all of the patterns in it! But oh, this book.

best book

If any of you Momma's out there are knitters with little ones, I highly recommend it. I also highly recommend finding time to enjoy nature, in whatever form that may take for you. It had been far too long since I had a dose of nature, and I just know I'll be back to that little spot, with this blanket and some knitting in tow.

No comments: