Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ryken's First Birthday Gift

As mentioned, my sweet baby is a whole year old now! I made Ryken one of his birthday gifts for his first birthday (our other gifts for him were these two fantastic books). I finished his homemade gift a week early, and of course I couldn't wait to give it to him. I took a class at my local quilt shop (Cozy Quilt'n) to learn needle-turn applique and hand quilting. I had such a great time at the class, and I am thrilled that I was able to complete these for Ryken's birthday:

giraffe

close giraffe

bear

close bear

elephant

close elephant

monkey

close monkey

tiger

close tiger

the set

The pattern was from this book, which I absolutely love. I look forward to many more hand applique and hand quilt projects to come.

A special thanks to The Daddy for helping to hang all of these up!

No comments: