Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mei Tai

After finishing the apron from Sew Liberated, I jumped right into making the Mei Tai. It was super fast and very easy, and once again Meg's pattern did not disappoint.

mei tai

I finished it on Monday, just in time to try it out as we took a walk around the lake at the Narrows.

packing up

Though Ryken looks a little pouty, he actually seemed to really enjoy the ride. He was on the brink of sleep nearly the whole time. Here's a little proof.

side view

This carrier is super easy to put Ryken into and surprisingly comfortable. My arms did get a bit sore after about 20 minutes, but nothing compared to carrying him without the Mei Tai!

back pack

I bought the fabric at a home fabric store in Victorville (same one I went to for the apron fabric). Both fabrics are home decorator weight cotton, both on clearance for $3 a yard. Seriously can't beat that. I absolutely love the Mei Tai, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Ryken will keep loving it, too.

No comments: