Thursday, August 27, 2009

News From Knitting Land

With all of the sewing going on around here, you may be wondering if knitting slipped off my radar completely. But nope! I have excitedly begun working on "A Cardigan For Arwen". I purchased a back issue of Interweave Knits that contained the pattern, but you can also purchase the pattern directly from the designer, Kate Gilbert, here.

magzine

And no, the sweater I'm working on is not the one on the cover. Though I do like that one, too!

Ryken took a nice long nap for me today, which gave me lots of time to work on it. I already love the yarn, Lion Brand Wool-Ease, especially the color, which is "Loden". Vega decided that he wanted to nap while Ryken did, too, and I just love the spot he chose.

lap cat

I currently have several projects on needles, but I just couldn't wait to start working on this sweater. I did, however, make up a new rule for myself. I set up a fun knitting basket, put all of the projects I'm working on in it, and decided that if the new project won't fit in the basket, I can't start it until I finish something else in order to make space.

knitting basket

In order to start my sweater, I finished up a great little vest that I made for Ryken. He and I had a little photo shoot yesterday, so keep an eye out for that post in the next couple of days.

On a side note, I know the pictures aren't great, but I'm pretty impressed with the Sidekick camera, which is what I used for all of the photos in this post. And this post.

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

No comments: