Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Tisket, A Tasket Update

I have really been enjoying the Block of the Month from Bunny Hill Designs. It has been nice to have another applique project to work on, and these blocks are just too cute! Here is my finished January block, which you might have caught a glimpse of here.

january done

Here is the snowman up close.

close snowman

And here is the vine up close.

close vine

This is the first time I have done embroidery, and I have been having lots of fun learning it. (So much fun, I'm thinking about doing something like this in the future).

I have also managed to finish the February block, and the March block is coming along quite nicely. Here is my February block.

february done

And a close-up shot of February.

close bird

You can see the fabric choices I have made for April - July (the August block just came out today) here, though that might change in the next few days. Joann's is having a big sale this weekend, with their fat quarters priced at just 96 cents each. I have already booked some "Mommy Time" (thanks babe!) so that Matt and Ryken don't have to endure boredom at our sweltering local Joann's, sans bathroom (I really do think they ought to have air conditioning and a bathroom...just my opinion).

I hope you are enjoying learning something new this week, and perhaps finding a bit of craftiness.

No comments: