Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall Has Arrived

How is it already fall? Time is flying. Seriously flying. And how is it that Knit Me Pieces has been around just over two years? Yes, that's right, September 2007 I started blogging here, and how much has changed since! But back to fall. Today Ryken and I visited the three quilt shops here in the high desert. Cozy Quilt'n, Andrea's Quiltn' Quarters, and Fabric Garden. So, with football in tow, we spent a good part of the afternoon driving around this desert.

football boy

That pumpkin pattern and orange "passport" that you might have noticed on the back seat of the car were the reason we visited all three shops. They are putting on a "Pumpkin Parade" today, tomorrow, and Saturday. Get your passport stamped at all three shops and you could win one of three gift baskets worth $50 or one grand prize worth $150. And each shop gave you a different pumpkin applique pattern and a little goody bag. Ryken had fun picking out the goodie bags and scoping out the candies inside.

pumpkin bags

He had fun with the bags once we were home, too. Also in the bags were coupons for each store. At the Fabric Garden I got a coupon for a free pattern, under $10. So I picked up this great pattern!

free pattern

I feel a trip to M & L coming on for this great quilt! Although I am tempted to spend the extra money and shop at Fabric Garden. All of the ladies from that store were uber nice, and one even offered to watch Ryken so I could shop a bit more unencumbered. Though I didn't quite take her up on her offer, Ryken did have a blast with all of the grandmas in that shop (how much better does it get for a one year old than a shop full of quilting grandmas who drop everything to play peek-a-boo with you and give you cookies?).

At Cozy Quilt'n (the last shop I visited) I picked up these fabrics for making a table runner using the pumpkin patterns I got from the Parade. My coupon at that shop was for 40% off a cut of fabric.

fall fabrics

With all of this giving away goodness, I am feeling an inkling to hold another giveaway here. So keep an eye out for that soon. I know that I had said I'd hoped to have one again before summer ended, but, well, time keeps flying. But one's coming soon, I promise!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend enjoying the pieces of fall that you encounter.

No comments: