Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ryken's New Vest

I had intended to post this several days ago, but I've been busy wiping a little nose and tending to a little cough. I don't know if it's all of the smoke from the Station Fire, or if he's come down with a little cold, but either way my poor little boy is being quite the trooper. Before all of the sniffling, Ryken and I had a little photo shoot in the owl vest I knit for him. I started with this pattern, adjusted it to fit my big kid with this wonderful book, and also used this to make sure the owl motif turned out the way I wanted. I used Knit Picks Main Line yarn in Cocoa. And here is how it turned out.

vest front

vest back

close owls

sports fan

baseball kid

back view

side view

pitcher

basketball kid

too cute

serious grip

one too many pictures

I thought this vest was going to be quite big on him, but it turned out to be just the right size. Man, he's growing so quickly! As you can probably tell by the plethora of photos, we have quite the sports fan on our hands. He really enjoys watching sports and loves his baseball and basketball. And I am amazed at how much he can do with them. Hope you enjoyed our photo shoot as much as I did.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Oh Amy, you're so talented. That little vest is so cute. I love the aprons too. Aren't they fun to wear?
Blessings,
Marcia