Thursday, October 29, 2009

Just Right

I've realized that in the last month I have finished four quilts and haven't posted any of them! (Perhaps the frenzy to finish things up was the reason I hadn't posted in a month!) But the quilts will have to wait, because in the last three days I've finished a hat, and that's what you get to see today. I came up with the pattern for this little hat after looking at quite a few on Ravelry, but out of the many hats I saw, none of them were just right. So, I decided I should just make this one up on my own. I used Blue Sky Alpacas organic cotton yarn that Andrea gave me a long time ago, and it was absolutely perfect for this project. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, and Ryken seems pretty happy with it too.

hat 4

hat 3

hat 5

hat 2

hat 1

Ryken had fun "helping" Mama knit this one up in front of the fire yesterday. Perhaps that's why he's tolerating it on his head. I am really enjoying all of the little things he does to help his Mama. I am so blessed.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

It turned out so great! I am so amazed at your skills and how quickly you pick up a craft or new recipe or anything really. Can't wait to see the quilts too. Plus, I can't wait to see you and those boys in a couple weeks! Love you all!

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

You did a great job. My boys love hats that come down over their ears like that. Your little boy is growing so much. He's adorable!
Blessings,
Marcia