Monday, November 16, 2009

Safari Quilt

safari quilt

Here is another quilt that I finished awhile ago but haven't had the chance to post. I have had the squares cut out for months, and they just sat, ready and waiting to be sewn together. I finally finished it up and I am happy to have an extra quilt for Ryken (I am still amazed at how much laundry needs to be done with a little one!). This one finished up 39" by 46 1/2". I used the last of his receiving blankets for it, so it is super soft and already known and loved.

As you can see, we have also added a toddler bed to his room. We found it (frame and mattress) at a yard sale a month or so ago for a grand total of $20. I took the whole bed apart and scrubbed it clean (yes, the toothbrush even came out to clean some nooks and crannies). Ryken is not quite ready to make it his bed, but he really enjoys having it in his room and playing on it.

Hope you have a wonderful week.

1 comment:

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Amy this quilt turned out wonderful. What size squares are they? I loved the toddler beds for my kids. We probably used them far too long, but with six kids, they sure came in handy. I think everyone of mine was either a yard sale find or bought from an used sale ad.
Blessings,
Marcia