Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Inspiration

I have been finding myself at my sewing machine even more than usual in preparation for Christmas. While I would love to post pictures of recent projects, I must instead go further back to something that is not intended as a Christmas gift (since it is not yet Christmas, I've got to try my best to keep secrets a little longer). I can, however, show you what gave me the inspiration for some of my holiday crafting. A table runner I put together using this and this, with a fair amount of adjusting. Since I won't be back with a post until after the new year, I thought I would provide you with lots of photos for the time being.

table view

full runner

flower bee

swirl bee

dot bee

full back

close back

mitered corner

The finished size is 15" by 37", and all of the fabrics (and even the batting) came out of my stash. Though my seam ripper saw more use for this project than it has in the last decade, it was well worth the effort and I am very pleased with the result.

I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed Christmas filled with the warmth of home, family, and love, and that the nativity finds its way into your heart and brings you peace and joy.

1 comment:

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

It turned out beautiful Amy. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family.
Blessings,
Marcia