Friday, December 11, 2009

Makeup Bag

I was happily feeling up to doing a bit of sewing for myself today, so I decided to make this little bag during Ryken's nap time. I grabbed some pumpkin cookies, coffee, and my sewing machine and had a very nice time getting crafty.

zipped bag
Dimensions: 8" x 4 1/2" x 3"

top bag
I wanted the lining to be light to make it easier to find things inside.

inside bag
A better view of the inside.

I had been using a plastic cup to hold my makeup, which left much to be desired, and I am quite excited to have something with a little more style. Everything except the zipper came out of my stash, and since I had a coupon the zipper came to a grand total of $0.96. I used this tutorial, which was wonderfully done and made sewing this little guy together super simple. I did adjust a few things; I used a 14" zipper and cut the fabric a bit larger (I think my rectangles were about 13" by 16") and I used a heavy weight non fusible interfacing in between the interior and exterior fabrics, so it is nice and sturdy.

I hope you are finding moments to enjoy craftiness, and perhaps even the fun of being your own recipient of that craftiness.

No comments: