Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resuming a Tradition

I know I said I wouldn't post again until after the New Year, but I just had to share my most recent acquisition. As you may know, I used to stop by a knitting shop every time I went on a trip, which I mentioned here. I am happy to report that I resumed that tradition yesterday.

We drove up to Yosemite the day after Christmas to visit with family and had such a wonderful time. On the way home, yesterday, we stopped by Classy Knits & Yarns in Bakersfield. It was such a cute little shop and a perfect way to start my little tradition again. Since the store was having a great sale, 20% off everything in the store, I picked up 4 skeins of amazingly soft sock yarn, Berroco Comfort Sock in True Red, Liquorice, Navy and Pearl. I also picked up a pair of US 9 Brittany birch needles, which I plan to use for this sweater, which is currently in progress and which I am thoroughly enjoying knitting.

bakersfield shopping

I plan to use the sock yarn in conjunction with this book, which I got from Matt back in April for our anniversary.

anniversary socks

(The yarn in the picture is this yarn, which I also received as an anniversary gift). I am so excited to have such a great resource book, especially since I have only knit one pair of socks, years ago, and they were very simple.

socks

I can't remember which pattern I used (I found it online), and all I remember about the yarn is that it was a Silja Superwash sock yarn. I tried to make a second pair of socks, but gave up and have not attempted to knit socks since. I am thinking it is time to knit socks again, especially since I now have enough of a collection of sock yarn to make eight pairs of socks. Perhaps that will be my New Years resolution, to master sock knitting in 2010. Yes, I think that sounds just about right.

I hope you have a memorable and safe New Years!

No comments: