Monday, January 4, 2010

So Far So Good

I have already started making progress on my New Years Resolution, as mentioned here. And I am really, really enjoying Antje Gillingham's technique of knitting two socks at a time on two circular needles. She has great photos and explanations in her book Knitting Circles Around Socks, which is a wonderful guide. Her book will definitely be a key component to my sock knitting in 2010. Another key component, which I just finished up, is this little sock bag from Crazy Lanea's tutorials, Part 1 & Part 2.

sock bag 1

sock bag 2

sock bag 3

The fabric, and all of the supplies, came out of my stash, and I am very happy with the finished product. I just love handmade bags, and I especially love it when making them is as simple as this one was. Now, enough productive procrastination! Back to the reason I made the bag in the first place. Hope you are falling into the rhythm of post-holiday normalcy with ease.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That bag is way awsome cute!!!! Very nice job!!! I hope you had a fun Christmas with your wee one!!!!
Lois
poohknits

angelina said...

hi, just found your blog, like this bag, did you post sewing info on it? would like to make one. i have a knitting blog up as well, cheers, angelina

angelina said...

found the link, :]cheers for passing it on, love it.
ang

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I wish I could knit. I'd make lots of scarves and socks. My feet are always cold :-) I love the little back too.
Blessings,
Marcia