Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

easter family photo

We had a wonderful day celebrating Easter, which began with a low key morning of preparing for Easter dinner and enjoying a family breakfast of french toast. My mom joined us for church (High Desert Church) where we heard the conclusion to the Supernatural series. The entire service was wonderful and I was so proud to see Matt's creative work on a giant screen. Both the Teaser Trailer for the upcoming Daniel series and his beautiful macro photography.

We spent the rest of the afternoon at home, where my brother joined us for smoked ham, cheesy mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, rolls, caesar salad, and banana cream pie. Hmmmm. Everything turned out superb. My mom put together an awesome little Easter egg hunt for Ryken (which we did inside because it was cold and windy). She put change in plastic eggs, and gave him a piggy bank to empty the eggs into. He has perfected piggy bank filling with Pop Pop (it has provided endless entertainment for him), and he had a great time running around to find the eggs in order to have something to put into his new bank.

egg hunt

purple

orange

I am so thankful for the blessing of family, and I thoroughly enjoyed spending the day with mine. I never cease to be amazed at how much we are loved by Christ...not only did He come to earth with the power and authority to set us free, but he also freely blesses us abundantly in this life. I hope your day was filled with His blessings, including the joy of family.

No comments: