Monday, April 19, 2010

Forgotten Fun

the eyes have it
The photo doesn't really have anything to do with the rest of the post. But when I started blogging I sort of vowed to have a picture for every post. And I like this one, so there you have it.

I have been on a cleaning spree lately. Spring cleaning is definitely happening at our house. I have had several car loads of stuff to donate, and probably even more that has gone into the trash. I have also been working on de-cluttering my computer. Which means a lot has gone into that "trash can", too. I wrote this little poem years ago to go with some Christmas gifts, and I thought it would be fun to post here (even though Christmas is the last thing on my mind right about now, with spring in the air):

Some Christmas loot,
And a poem to-boot!

I was made with love and care,
Especially for you to wear

From two needles and some strands,
And a couple of warm, friendly hands

That thought, and thought, and pondered your style,
In the hopes that they would soon see your smile

When finally finished, my maker was glad...
I was to be yours, it was ironclad

So wash me with care, so I'll last year to year...
And provide you with warmth, comfort, and cheer

I have been waiting quite patiently,
Underneath Matt and Amy's Christmas tree,

So hurry up! It's Christmas time,
Open me up...'cause now you're all mine!


I hope you can find some little treasures amidst whatever you're going through (be it dusty books or introspective looks).

No comments: