Sunday, May 9, 2010

Book Bag

I love to read. I love books. I love bags. I love books in bags.
I needed a new bag to put my books in, so I made one from this pattern which I have had forever.
(I couldn't find the pattern anywhere else online).

heart side
pocket side
open empty
open full

Obviously, I really tweaked the pattern. In part because I wanted it to look just a bit different, and in part because all of the supplies came out of my stash. The velour heart and pockets came from a hoodie that was too small. The zipper came from that same hoodie. I would have loved to use interfacing to make the bag a bit less slouchy but I didn't have any, so I used some quilt batting that I had instead.

I didn't quite follow all of the directions for the pattern (to be honest I couldn't quite follow them), so some parts were kind of difficult to sew together. But I am very happy with the finished product, and it suits my need for a new book bag just perfectly. It's my own little Mother's Day (free) gift to myself.

Happy Mothers Day to all of the moms who come to visit this space! I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating with those whose lives you have touched with your kindness and grace.

No comments: