Monday, June 28, 2010

The Power Of A Positive Mom

mom book

Book one on my summer reading list is complete. The Power of a Positive Mom, by Karol Ladd was an insightful, practical, and light read. She stresses the importance of the role of motherhood and focuses on a mother's spirituality and reliance on God as much as she provides helpful ways to encourage your children.

Each chapter is concluded with a scripture reading, prayer, and a short activity/exercise. Some of my favorite activities were writing out my job description as a stay at home mom, as well as my statement of purpose, and writing out specific accolades for each member of my family. I also really liked her section on prayer.

I had started reading this book through the local library but was unable to finish before I had to turn it in. So I bought it from Amazon in order to finish, and I am glad that I did.

2 comments:

J-na said...

Can I borrow your book for when I am in the hospitl with baby boy new next month?

Amy said...

Of course! I can drop it by sometime next week if you want, just let me know what works for you.