Sunday, July 18, 2010

Back Again

No, I haven't disappeared. I have just been so incredibly busy I haven't had the time to post. But this week looks promising in terms of being able to get back into routines. So, before I catch you up on all of the things that have kept us busy, I have decided to make this a week of prayer here, kicking it off today with another Psalm of Thanksgiving. The rest of the week I will be posting Scriptures I have "paraphrased" into prayer form based on Beth Moore's "Praying God's Word".

_IGP4722
Ryken and I at the Mojave Narrows last year.

Oh Lord, my God, my love, you have walked
With me through such darkness.
And yet in you there is no darkness at all.
You have brought hope and healing to my soul.

When turmoil filled my mind and my heart
You held my hand and soothed me.
I looked for you with great longing
And you heard my pleas, the prayers I cried.

My body and my mind often fail me
But your strength never does.
I am filled with your light
And I praise your holy and wondrous name.

You overwhelm me with your blessings.
Your deliverance is strong and sure.
I put my life and my soul into your hands
And you did not disappoint.

How lovely, how breathtaking, are the works of your hands.
My heart cries in awe of who you are.
Your goodness and mercy are abundant.
Your power and might fill me with reverence.

I am yours, and yours alone, my king, my God.
You never fail me, my protector, my Savior.
I praise your name, always.
Oh Lord, my God, my love, you are glorious.

No comments: