Thursday, July 1, 2010

Psalm Of Thanksgiving

flower
While doing Jennifer Rothschild's "Me, Myself & Lies" study, I came across this exercise. I have done it several times and anticipate doing it many more. Here is my first psalm, written on May 12th.

Oh Lord, my God, I've been such a mess,
And yet, by you, I am continually blessed.

I waver, I doubt, I fear, I stress,
And yet, by you, I am continually blessed.

You are the One on whom I can always depend,
Peace, comfort, and joy to me you always send.

You have saved me from death, from my past, from the traps that I face,
You shine truth, remove lies, and bring patience and grace.

You continually work to renew my mind,
My soul to you I give, my heart to you I bind.

You never leave, you never depart,
I am awed by your majestic works of art.

All creation sings of your glory, honor and might,
With you by my side I'll not succumb to fright.

Your ways are sure, all you do is right,
With you by my side I'll not succumb to fright.

I am forgiven and free, secure in your love,
I have found peace and joy that comes from above.

Thank you Christ Jesus my Lord and Savior!
Your presence and love I don't cease to savor!

No comments: