Friday, May 6, 2011

Messenger Bag

I absolutely love Meg McElwee's patterns (sewliberated.com). This is the third pattern I have purchased and sewn from her, and all three have proved to be polished, extremely well articulated, and perfect for my "advanced beginner" skill level. (You can check out the other two here and here.) And TOTALLY my style. I had been wanting the "Mischievous Gnome Messenger Bag Pattern" for a LONG time, and since her patterns were on sale I decided it was time to finally snatch it up. And I needed a break from all of the knitting and sewing for "baby sister", as Ryken has named her. This one is purely for Mama. And I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

Not counting the time spent cutting out the fabrics and interfacing, it took me about four hours to sew it all together. I was shocked that it came together so quickly and easily. The corduroy was from my stash, as was the button. The camo and star fabrics were a steal at Walmart, which is where I got the ribbon too. If you've ever considered purchasing a Sew Liberated pattern, I HIGHLY recommend you go for it. They are so fun to sew, and so practical to use.

No comments: