Sunday, August 14, 2011

Aven Is Here!

Here's why I haven't been around lately....

...Aven arrived 7/21/11, weighing 4lbs 7oz. She was born at 33 weeks 3 days, and amazingly only had to be in the NICU for 5 days. My water broke on Monday at 4:30 in the morning, and after 3 days in a windowless room at the hospital, several medications to help her develop as much as possible and prevent me from going into labor, and a lot of praying, she was born at about 11 on Thursday morning. Breathing on her own. Able to take a bottle from the very beginning. Never even needed lights for jaundice. It was amazing to see how much God protected her, right from the very beginning.

Glad I was able to finish these little receiving blankets in the nick of time. I simply used flannels from my stash, used one of Ryken's old receiving blankets as the template, and sewed two pieces right sides together, turned them right side out, then edge stitched around.

They ended up being perfect for her, as our new little miss prefers to be nice and toasty. And it warms my heart that something mama made makes her happy. Stay tuned for lots more baby-related-crafting-catching-up in the days to come.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Welcome little one! Thank the Lord for a healthy girl and for His protection over her already. Can't wait to meet her in person and hold her. The blankets are super cute. Love that you made them for her. I think I might have to make some for our little one too. What a great idea!