Thursday, September 29, 2011

Awhile Ago...

...I made this beanie for Aven.






(Sorry the photos didn't turn out great).

I used Caron Simply Soft which has become one of my go to yarns. It is affordable, soft, and has a great sheen. As for the beanie, I'm happy with its appearance, but it really, really doesn't stay on her little head. I'm hoping it might as she gets a bit bigger, but I doubt it. But then again I have yet to find a beanie that really stays put...so I'll be knitting hats with strings attached in the future.

First up, Ryken needs a bigger hat for the upcoming winter. I'll be making one quite similar to this one). And then I think I'll make Aven an itty bitty version. I love that we now live in a place where a winter hat is a necessity, not just a fashion accessory.

No comments: