Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Christmas Crafting: Fleece Lovey

As I said in the last post, I want to make each little one in our family something to take to bed each Christmas Eve.  I didn't want to make Aven pajamas, since she is flying through clothes (my 6 month old (4 month old if she was born on her due date) is now filling out 18 month sizes).  I thought a little lovey would be more appreciated and have better longevity.  Here's what I came up with.



I promise, she really does like it, even though she doesn't seem too thrilled based on this photo.

I had intended to use the fleece for some cloth diaper soakers, but seeing as how my little miss hates cloth diapers, it has been in my stash awaiting a new purpose. This seemed perfect. I searched online and found a basic kitty head and printed it out in order to have a template for the applique face, then I embroidered the details. Then I slipped a rattle in as I appliqued the face onto the fleece (the rattle was rescued from one of Ryken's baby toys that was too worn out to be saved). I added a flannel backed silk for the back side.  And voila!  A perfect little lovey for my not-so-little one.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

You put so very much love,care and thoughtfulness into everything you do!