Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas Crafting: Minecraft Potholder/Coaster

A little while before Christmas we received the catalog for Think Geek.  In it were a couple of products based on the game Minecraft.  When I saw the photos, I had a little revelation, "8-bit, it's all squares!!!".  For quite some time, I had been trying to think of something I could quilt Matt that would be "cool enough" for him to actually want to use.  When I saw the 8-bit advertisement for a game I knew he really enjoyed, I realized this was about as good as I was going to get.  So I sneakily asked him for some graph paper and graphed out one of the tools commonly used in the game, based off of the image in the Think Geek catalog (also sneakily confiscated). Here's an idea of what I saw in the catalog.  And here is my finished product.

While it took lots of focus, it ended up being lots of fun to make.  And it is happily "cool enough" for use.

No comments: