Thursday, March 29, 2012

Blue Booties


You may have seen the pink version of these booties (same pattern...from this book) here or here or here or here.  Wow, I had no idea I blogged about them so much until I listed all of those links.  It does serve as an indication of how much I absolutely loved them.  Aven has sadly outgrown both the pink and the blue booties, but we sure did get a lot of good use out of them.  I used Caron Simply Soft for the pink ones and Knit Picks Swish DK (also used for this baby coat) for the blue ones.  I would recommend Simply Soft, I would not recommend Swish.  Swish just didn't wear well wash after wash.  And it seemed to shrink a bit, which meant she didn't get to wear them as long.  I highly recommend the pattern for the booties.  I'm thinking I'm going to bake her a "big girl" pair (as they stay on pretty well and my sweet baby is very into tugging off anything on her feet). 

No comments: