Wednesday, March 7, 2012

English Paper Piecing

I have been thoroughly enjoying English Paper Piecing lately, a quilting technique that is totally new to me.  I have been inspired by a friend of mine who has been working on a hexagon quilt whenever she comes to visit (hey Amy!).  So, I looked up a ton of videos on YouTube to figure out how it all works, and to narrow down what I wanted to do.  And I've ended up with two quilts to English Paper Piece:

Farmer's Wife (which I'd started doing by machine quite some time ago).  You can follow my progress HERE, on Flickr.

Texas Star.  You can follow my progress HERE, also on Flickr.

I thought it would be fun to do a couple of videos on my new beloved style of quilting, so here they are:


How I organize.  


Here's what it all looks like put away (and a peek at my laundry area, lol).


And what I have of the Texas Star Quilt laid out.


What's in my quilt bag.
Here are the links for: the needle case I made and the thimble I use.

I really do love English Paper Piecing, especially how portable it is and how very little ironing needs to be done!  If you have any suggestions for other videos or things you'd like me to go over, please leave a comment to let me know.  I know the videos aren't great quality, but I had so much fun making them.  :)  Hope you find them helpful.

No comments: