Friday, December 14, 2012

Boots

I have the incredible blessing of meeting with some amazing women once a week.  We get together to knit and chat, and we often have delicious treats, too.  It all began a few years ago, when a few friends of mine wanted to learn how to knit.  I had been praying for a long time that God would bring me an opportunity like this, and I have not stopped thanking him for answering my prayer in such a beautiful way.

We recently decided to all make leather-soled slippers.  So we took a field trip to a few craft stores to pick up supplies and instructions, and got to work on some cozy footwear.  I finished mine just before temperatures started to drop.







They were a pretty easy project, and it was fun to try something new.  And they are pretty comfy, too.

(Here is the link for the slipper soles I purchased.  And I used Caron Country in Deep Taupe.  While it is incredibly soft, I think I would have liked something with a little bit more weight to it just a bit better).


No comments: