Saturday, January 18, 2014

Happy Birthday

A few days ago my designer husband was asked to create birthday cards for the kids ministry department at our church (also his work).  He somewhat jokingly said that it would be helpful to have one of my drawings for the project, and I took the idea and ran with it.  Since today is my birthday, I thought it would be fun to do a birthday themed Zentangle, and if he used the image that would be fun, but I fully anticipated that the department wouldn't approve the image (my own insecurity rearing its head again).  So I drew it just for my own personal enjoyment.  Here is what I gave him a couple of days ago.


I left it black and white so that he could add color as he saw fit.  Here is what he did with it.


And...surprise!...it was approved!!!  So unanticipated.  So fun.  I asked if I could have the original back, as I would like to add the color of my choosing, and thankfully he was able to give it back to me.  Here is how I finished it.


I really hope the kids that receive these birthday cards (all 2500 of them!!!) enjoy them!


No comments: