Saturday, January 11, 2014

Weekly Challenge #149

"Twenty-Fourteen"

I have been struggling a lot lately with some major respiratory problems. Which has meant some very high doses of medicine with some very rough side effects. As a means of managing the stress of it all, I've taken up a new-ish hobby. I've had fun doodling for quite some time, but hadn't heard the term "Zentangle" until recently. I started playing around with some of the different patterns and quickly became hooked. It has proven to be a really big help in what will be a long road of recovery, health wise.

 

A few days ago I found the blog "I am the Diva" and the weekly Zentangle challenges that are posted there. Though I'm a novice and (if I'm totally honest) fairly insecure about my drawing abilities (or lack thereof), I thought it would be a fun thing to do this year. So you'll be seeing some of my new hobby here in this space.

 

4 comments:

Annette Carlo said...

Amy, Welcome to the Diva Challenges!! Your 2014 is lovely!!! The Zentangle world is wonderful and everyone is so friendly!! I'm sure you'll enjoy it and it will help with quick recovery!! :0) Share Humanity

Anne's tangle blog said...

Your tile is beautiful, I like the tnagles you used as well as the colors.
Great to meet you here!!!

LonettA said...

Wonderful! Especially your coloring are great! Welcome here!

Amy said...

Thanks ladies!!! I really, really appreciate your encouragement!